Rockwern Academy was founded in 1952 as Yavneh Day School, a community Jewish day school open to all Jewish children throughout the Cincinnati area. It was and is dedicated to a pluralistic ideology, welcoming all denominations and Jewish families, affiliated or unaffiliated. In 1978, the school moved to its current location, 8401 Montgomery Road, after receiving a generous donation from Sol Richmond, one of the school’s original founders.
Yavneh was renamed Rockwern Academy in 2008 after receiving a significant endowment from The Rockwern Charitable Foundation. The Foundation was established by Dr. S. Sumner (“Rocky”) Rockwern in 1997 to foster arts, education, civic and humanitarian causes, supporting organizations devoted to benefiting our Jewish community.